Living in Colorado
Helping with your home buying & selling needs in Denver and surrounding communities.
10 Bed , 13 Bath, 9,921 sqft, $231/sqft
Castle Marne Was The Creative Vision Of One Of Denver™s Most Famous Architects, William Lang. The Now Famous Rusticated Lava Stone House Embodied The Eclectic Architecture Of The Time Combining Aesthetics From The Richardsonian, Romanesque and Queen Anne Eras. At The Time Prominent Families Were Encouraged To Reach Beyond Our Shores For Inspiration For Their Home Designs and No One Did It Better Than William Lang. Blending Local Materials Like Lava Stone From Castle Rock With Timeless Design. Built As A Show Home In 1889, The Home Became The Residence Of Many Prominent Figures In Denver™s History. In The 1920™s It Served As An Apartment House, Then, After A Failed Attempt As A Mixed-Use Development In 1970, It Became A Processing Center For Parolees From 1979 To 1982. In 1988, The Peiker Family Purchased The Neglected Castle and Began Their Love Affair With Its Restoration. In 1989, On Its 100 Year Anniversary, The Castle Marne Began Its New Life As The Castle Marne Bed and Breakfast.
- Status: Active
- Bedrooms: 10
- Bathrooms: 13
- Total Sqft: 9,921 sqft
- Finished Sqft: 7,989 sqft
- Basement Sqft: 1,932 sqft
- Lot size: 8,710 sqft (0.20 acres)
- MLS ID: 8048200
- On Market: 14 days
- County: Denver
- Neighborhood: City Park West
- Type: Detached Single Family
- Structure: 3+ Story
- Parking: 7
Structure / Features:
- Year Built: 1886
- Heat: Hot Water
- Cooling: None
- Fireplaces: 3 Wood Family Room
- Roof: Composition Shingles
- Interior Features:
- Litchen Appliances:
- Exterior Features: Balcony,Front Porch,Patio
- District: Denver 1
- Elementary: Cole Arts And Science Academy
- Junior High: McAuliffe International
- High School: East
Listing by KING COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE
- This publication is designed to provide information with regard to the subject matter covered. It is displayed with the understanding that the publisher and authors are not engaged in rendering real estate, legal, accounting, tax, or other professional services and that the publisher and authors are not offering such advice in this publication. If real estate, legal, or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent, professional person should be sought.
- The information contained in this publication is subject to change without notice. METROLIST, INC., DBA RECOLORADO MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO THIS MATERIAL, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. METROLIST, INC., DBA RECOLORADO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN OR FOR ANY DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE FURNISHING, PERFORMANCE, OR USE OF THIS MATERIAL.
All real estate advertised herein is subject to the Federal Fair Housing Act and the Colorado Fair Housing Act, which Acts make it illegal to make or publish any advertisement that indicates any preference, limitation, or discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
METROLIST, INC., DBA RECOLORADO will not knowingly accept any advertising for real estate that is in violation of the law. All persons are hereby informed that all dwellings advertised are available on an equal opportunity basis.
© 2019 METROLIST, INC., DBA RECOLORADO® – All Rights Reserved
6455 S. Yosemite St., Suite 500
Greenwood Village, CO 80111 USA
- ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WORLDWIDE. No part of this publication may be reproduced, adapted, translated, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the publisher. The information contained herein including but not limited to all text, photographs, digital images, virtual tours, may be seeded and monitored for protection and tracking.